Welcome, I'm Leah, a fully qualified Counsellor and the owner of Evergreen Counselling Wakefield. I offer counselling & psychotherapy at Evergreen Counselling Wakefield. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to the code of ethical practice outlined by the BACP.
After personally experiencing the powerful effects of counselling, I decided that I wanted to train as a Counsellor so that I could support others in the way that I had been supported. I feel that my personal journey of counselling provides me with a deeper understanding of the therapeutic process, from both a professional and a personal perspective.
I have a special interest in supporting female & male survivors of abuse (including emotional, physical and sexual abuse). If you are experiencing or have experienced abuse, please do not suffer alone. I have supported many individuals and I will be happy to support you. Call or email me to arrange a no obligation initial appointment. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Distinction) Level 7 BACP accredited from the University of Salford
- BSc Undergraduate Honours Degree in Counselling (1 st Class) Level 6 from the University of Salford
- Certificate in Working with Couples from Leeds Centre for Psychological Development
- I have received training in Person-Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) & Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and engage in regular supervision to ensure that I am supporting my clients in the best possible way.
- I hold professional indemnity insurance and an up to date DBS/CRB Check.
- Highest Achievers Award in Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy from the University of Salford.
- Highest Achievers Award in BSc Undergraduate Honours Degree in Counselling from the University of Salford.
In addition to private practice, I have worked within a range of settings including rape crisis, the prison service & the NHS. I have supported individuals experiencing a wide range of difficulties including:
- Abuse (sexual, physical and emotional)
- Bereavement & loss
- Loss of purpose
- Low self-esteem/confidence
- Post-traumatic stress
- Relationship issues
This is not an exhaustive list but hopefully it will provide you with some insight into the areas that I can support you with. Enquiries are welcome from adults, children, couples & organisations. I draw upon a range of techniques and tailor my sessions to meet the needs of each individual. I offer both long-term and short-term counselling. Please feel free to contact me with any queries or to arrange a session.